Social Media Mistakes to Avoid.
When you first get started with your social media for business it’s all too easy to make some mistakes…you’re just trying to get noticed! To help you avoid any awkward moments and understand what are some of the Facebook mistakes that can make a business look unprofessional i’ve compiled a list of the top 10 mistakes:
- Talking at your customers, not with your customers. Pushing out constant promos without any attempt at conversation just looks spammy and annoys people
- Not responding to comments or questions. This one is obvious, do you want to look ignorant?
- Not monitoring the Page. Are other people posting links all over your page? Is your business information out of date? Keep your business page up-to-date and well-polished.
- Linking Twitter to Facebook posts. If you’re just cross-posting from Twitter, this signals that you don’t care enough about either.
- Posting one thing right after another. Posting continually will again get on peoples nerves.
- Rubbishing your competition. There’s no need to bad mouth your competitors. Keep it to yourself; if you don’t you may turn away potential customers.
- Spelling errors. As small as they might be, spelling errors can really hurt your Page’s respectability. An irregular typo is okay, but lots of typos are not.
- USING TOO MANY CAPS OR EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!! Use these sparingly for maximum effect.
- Not having any posts or comments from customers. Be sure to get your customers engaged. Ask questions and allow your customers to get involved.
- Leaving a random image in the link preview. Many times, there are little arrows below the image that allow you to choose what image displays when you share a blog post or article. This is especially important if Facebook pulls something random like a generic badge or sign-up form image.